Queen Ethelburga’s College, York
Duration: from 2 week
Age: 9–17 years (groups); 12–17 years (individuals)
Course: General English 15 hours a week
Accommodation: Residence, 2-6 pax in the room
Meals: 3 meals a day
Dates: 30 Jun – 26 Aug , 2018.
Queen Ethelburga’s College is one of the finest and best known private boarding schools in the UK, furnished and equipped to a very high standard.
The school has a variety of recreational activities and facilities, including a superb new indoor games centre containing iPads, Xboxes, PlayStations, over 3000 computer games and DVDs.
The campus covers over 100 acres and includes a walled ‘secret’ garden and excellent sports facilities. It is near to York, a beautiful medieval city which is full of attractions and sites of interest.
School provides the highest quality English Language and activity courses for young learners.
Residential, in recently refurbished bedrooms, usually with four or six beds in each room. There is a weekly laundry service. Each room has an en-suite bathroom, TV and telephone.
· There are cosy lounges on each floor with television, as well as well-equipped kitchens.
· The school has a variety of recreational activities and facilities, including a superb new indoor games centre containing iPads, Xboxes, PlayStations and over 3000 computer games and DVDs.
· Centre highlights: prestigious boarding school, quality country house setting, near to the historic city of York, new indoor swimming pool onsite, wide range of sports and leisure facilities.
One full day excursion per week is included,destinations may include Liverpool, Manchester, Beamish “Living Museum” & Durham. Two half day excursions per week are also included, destinations may include York, Leeds, Harrogate and Knaresborough. Optional excursions can be booked to destinations such as the Lake District, Newcastle and Edinburgh.
This course includes a full programme of English tuition, supervised excursions, sports and on-site activities such as arts and crafts, drama and evening activities.
• Maximum class size of 16 students
• 1 full-day plus 1 or 2 half-day excursions per week
• Themed lessons prepare students for excursions
• Full board accommodation