The first course offered at Harrow House in 1969 was a Junior Course, which makes our Junior Programme one of the most established and longest running Junior Courses in the UK. The success of these courses is borne out by the very high student return rate, with up to 40% of students returning for a second year and many returning for a number of years thereafter.
Other contributing factors are:
- our unrivalled facilities
- active evening programme with a wide range of social activities, sports and games every evening, dedicated teachers
- an international atmosphere with over 50 different nationalities
- supervision by our residential staff;
- on-site residential accommodation and the safety of Swanage as a destination
Junior Course Contents for all Junior Courses includes:
- Entry test
- Orientation tour of the College
- Teaching materials
- 15 hours of English language tuition per week
- +15 hours of selected course options per week. Evening entertainment 7 days per week.
- Full-board College accommodation in standard College bedrooms
- Full-day excursions: two during two week stay, three during three week stay, etc.
- Sunday half-day excursion: one during course stay (One week courses include one half-day Sunday excursion only)
- International Student Insurance
- Student Welcome Folder Certificate
Daytime Activities for the Junior English + Sports Courses include a range from the following: Aeroball, American Pool, Badminton, Basketball, Beach Games, Benchball, Computer Activities, Dodgeball, Fitness Training, Football, Giant Games, Handball, Jurassic Coastal Walks, Kwik Cricket, Lacrosse, Mini Golf, Mini Olympics, Netball, Relay Games, Soft Archery, Speed Stacks, Spring Ball, Swimming, Table Tennis,Team Building, Team Sports, Tennis, Town Quiz, Volleyball