Harrow House has been providing quality English Language Courses to all ages since 1969 and continues to offer a unique combination of on-site facilities and residential accommodation in a safe seaside location. We are dedicated to providing students, employees and partners with the highest standards of learning and personal development in a fun and culturally diverse learning environment.
Harrow House offers course options to students of all ages so that every member of the family is catered for – all within the beautiful seaside town of Swanage, situated on the Jurassic Coast, England’s only natural UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Young Learners are accompanied by Teaching Assistants both in their English tuition and on activities. The assistants also accompany the children at meal times to ensure healthy food choices are made and that the children are eating well. They also accompany the Young Learners during the evenings and supervise their bedtime routine.
This continuity of contact ensures the children are confident and comfortable at all times.
Young Learners Course Contents includes:
• Placement test
• Orientation tour of the College
• Teaching materials
• 15 hours of English language tuition per week
• +15 hours of your selected course options per week
• Evening entertainment 7 days a week
• Full-day excursions: two during two week stay, three during three week stay, etc. (a packed lunch or a luncheon voucher is provided at weekend full-day excursions)
• 1 half-day Sunday excursion per course stay (One-week courses include one half-day Sunday excursion only)
(There is no half-day or full-day excursion on Easter Sunday)
• Full-board College accommodation in standard College bedrooms (a supplement applies for Junior twin College bedrooms and Junior en-suite College bedrooms. Minimum age 11 years).
• Full-board Homestay accommodation for Junior students from 14 years of age (Lunch is provided at the College from Monday to Friday when Homestay accommodation is booked)
• International Student Insurance
• WiFi in designated areas of the College
• Student Welfare Support
• Student Welcome Folder
15 hours of English language tuition per week
+ 15 hours of Young Learners activities
+ evening entertainment 7 days a week
+ full-day excursions per week: two during two week stay, three during three week stay, etc.
+ 1 half-day Sunday excursion per course stay
CEFR English Level: A1 – C2 (all levels of ability including beginners)